Kilmarnock: M’Kie & Drennan, Printers, . First edition. Pamphlet bound into slightly gray boards neatly hand-lettered in ink on the upper board, 16 pages. Title page vignette of the proposed monument. Boards a little sunned and dust-soiled; pamphlet a little dust-soiled; a very good copy. Item #17617
An extensive subscription list in response to the call that went out at the 1877 Burns Night celebration; a committee was formed and subscriptions taken, ranging from the 50 pound contribution of Col. Alexander of Ballochmyle, M. P. to the 40 pounds raised by “Foot Ball Match, proceeds of, per John Wallace,” to various donations of a Guinea or of 10/6. The foundation stone was laid in September, 1878 and the statue unveiled by Col. Alexander in late 1879. With the bookplate of the Glasgow art dealer W. Craibe Angus on the front pastedown, with his autograph ink note on the front free endpaper, “Unrecorded. Bound by WCA.” Not found on OCLC, not found on COPAC.