Dr. Hermann’s Electro Medical Institute. L. M. Hermann, Trustee . . . [wrapper title]. Storefront Clinics, Hermann’s Electro Medical Institute.

Dr. Hermann’s Electro Medical Institute. L. M. Hermann, Trustee . . . [wrapper title].

(Cincinnati: n. p.), [ca. 1920-1923?]. First edition. 16mo, original printed red wrappers, 63, [1] pages. Illus., including a view of the clinic on the front wrapper. Wrappers trimmed a bit closely in production; wrappers sunned and a bit worn, cheap paper toned; a good, sound copy. Item #18196

A clinic that treat everything from catarrh, to goitres, to “vital force” (male debility, etc.), with smudgy halftone cuts of the electric bath cabinet, spacious consulting rooms, a hydro-electric treatment, etc., all with the reassuring motto, “Remember, We Won’t Hurt You!” A vest-pocket promotional pamphlet for this medico-family affair, then at 8 W. Ninth St. in Cincinnati and in business since 1896; the founder George F. Hermann was joined in his business by his sons, Fred and George, Jr. (this latter son, per the 1922 Williams’ Directory, noted as a specialist in “Diseases Peculiar to Men”) and the trustee L. M. Hermann was certainly Laura, the wife of George, Sr.

Price: $100.00