Chicago: n. p., . White card stock, printed in blue ink on the recto only, 2.5 x 4.25 inches. Completed in autograph ink. Some light wear and soiling; in very good condition. Item #18433
A handsome design, completed in ink as a pass for “G. W. [?] Laing and Lady, Until Dec. 31, 1888,” and signed by the show’s secretary. The Chicago Tribune of March 4, 1888 notes the arrival of the cyclorama from New York and that it will “shortly be placed on exhibition at the Shiloh Building on Michigan Avenue.” Per ads in the columns of Chicago newspapers, the attraction seems to have opened in April; by mid-May, it appears Chicagoans had panorama shows of Gettysburg and Jerusalem during the Crucifixion to choose from when selecting an expansive attraction.