Ann Arbor: Printed at the “Signal” Office, 1847. First edition. Unbound bifolium, 7.13 x 4.75 inches, embossed edges, rounded corners,  pages. Old small brown stain to the lower portion of the first leaf; some light wear and dust-soiling otherwise; in very good condition. Item #18917
An early Ann Arbor imprint and an ephemeral publication from the University of Michigan’s third commencement. (The university had been granted a new charter in 1837 and moved that year—on paper at least—to Ann Arbor, though students were not enrolled there until 1841, with that first class graduating in 1845.) The program includes twelve pieces delivered by graduating students—presumably the whole of the graduating class. Imprints Inventory 702 (MiU-Hi); not found on OCLC.