(Chicago: Robert Smith Printing Co.), . First edition. Original tan pictorial wrappers, wire stitched, 5.75 x 3.75 inches, 52 pages. Illus. Some light dust-soiling and sunning; in very good condition. Item #19812
A detailed trade catalog of wholesale secondhand industrial fixtures and furniture (sinks, anvils, safes, roofing material, jack screws, conductor pipes, library tables, paint, etc.) noted in the introductory matter as “a great many bargains in such stocks of merchandise as we secure at Sheriffs’, Receivers’, Assignees’, Manufacturers’ and other sales.” Per the description of other trade catalogs from the company held at the Smithsonian Institution, the Chicago House Wrecking Co. “secured the contract to demolish the Columbian Exposition structures. Sometime in the early 1900’s, they began offering house plans and selling the material and lumber to construct these. In 1913, the company name was changed to Harris Brothers, and they published their first catalog of pre-cut homes in 1912.”.